Friday, July 24, 2009




























Tranquility sighs
A breath of air flows gently
Carressing the earth

I had a busy day to day. I went to the library to pick up Garden Spells and Sugar Queen reccommended by Rose. I look forward to reading them. As I was waiting for the bus, I looked in the window of a hat shop and there was beautiful faerie. I had to go in and ask about it and there were several more different ones. My artist was mezmerized by the colours, textures and delicacy of them. She wanted them - not just one, of course. I looked them over carefully, chose three and handed over my bank card. I could not say no to her. They will inspire me with my crazy quilting and painting. I must admit, I love them too so saying yes wasn't too difficult.

I got home just in time to go to an exercise class which was a lot of fun, lots of laughs and then played table tennis for the first time in over fifty years - also lots of laughs because none of us has played for a long time. I visited with two or three neighbours, wrote some of the newsletter and was going to paint a few more backgrounds for the Decorated Journal but ran out of steam. I'll save that for tomorrow.

It's been very hot here and we're not used to it so it makes me very tired and i have been having a little power nap in the middle of the day, but it is lovely as we've had two rainy cloudy summers.

I missed doing my morning pages this morning, I usually do them in bed but I had a good sleep so got up early and headed for the computer - big mistake. So, I will get to it tomorrow.

Tomorrow is another day. Look forward to putting up my faeries and painting.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Leone, thank you for the lovely supportive comments you left. Apologies for taking so long to keep in touch, I love your artwork and am always inspired by your paintings. Love to visit and see your work and deep thoughts on life.
    I have been reading your previous posts and catching up, you truly have been open and honest and I appreciate that so much to see how brave you are and how far you have come, thank you for sharing such a deep and beautiful part of your self.
    I like your metaphor for the knight in shining armour, mine is a lion, like the one in the story of 'The lion the witch and the wardrobe'big and protective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those fairies. I can see why three had to come home with you.... *grin* I do hope you like those books as well!

    Do you find the morning pages have a positive effect? I am not sure exactly what thy do as yet... I think it is good though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh..those faeries are gorgeous!! I think you did right by your Artist...She must have the things that inspire Her!!

    ~love~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely fairies - I can see why you couldn't resist!
    Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Hope your whole weekend goes the same.
    I didn't do my morning papers today either. I find when I don't have a routine (the wekend) I don't do them.
    Actually they have helped a bit. I am using them like a journal = to get thinks off my chest and by putting them to paper they are gone in a way.
    Do take care.

    ReplyDelete