Thursday, May 7, 2009

May 7th 2009

I have finally finished the page in my art journal that I started many days ago. I had intended doing more collage but I ended up painting the picture with a collaged background. It's funny how the ideas you have and the way you start a project is often not the way you progress with it and finish it - GOING WITH THE FLOW. I used to get upset because my art didn't turn out the way I pictured it in my mind but I have been able to let that go and am much happier with the results. I've also learned not to judge my work too harshly and throw it away but, instead, put it away for awhile and look at it with fresh eyes. Amazing how much better it looks with some distance.

I want to take pictures of dogwood tree on the other side of the square but the weather has been dull and rainy, so I think I will go over and take a couple and see how they turn out. I've found that flower pictures turn out better on bright sunny daysbut who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment