May 17 2009
I have been tagged by Rose and Bev so here are the six things that make me happy.
1. My 2 daughter's, granddaughter's, and great granddaughter's happy smiling faces.
2. Reading English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh novels while eating sushi or drinking a latte'.
3. My lovely, soft, like-a-big pillow bed. It feels like being hugged.
4. Watching beautiful sunsets and the many different moods of weather from my patio. (Pictures on the right.)
5. Taking photographs especially of nature.
6. Decorative paper, pens, ink, journal book, sketch books - oh, I may as well be honest, any kind of art supplies give me that rush.
Yesterday and friend invited me to go to the studio she has the use of as a member of an organization. She wanted to show me the paintings she has done and how much she has progressed since I last saw her work. She has done really well and I loved being in that atmosphere, it kind of kick started me. I was looking through Collage Journeys by Jane Davies last night and this morning and tomorrow I am going to start painting. My friend and I have made a pact to do as many a paintings as we can by next April when we can go to a Community Center in her neighbourhood and sell them. It is so exciting to have a goal to work towards. That is one of the difficult things about being retired - not having a goal and not really having any purpose. Also, there is a photo contest at another Community Center so I am going to enter that. Motivation, motivation, motivation.