Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 6th 2009

I just noticed my calendar has a quote: THERE IS NOTHING TO CLING TO BUT IT IS HARD TO LET GO. This is so true. I have found it so hard to let go of the life I used to have and move into the life I must create for myself now.

I was looking for pictures of Koi Fish on line and and came across an iteresting item. The Japanese word for Koi is NISHIKIGOI which means LIVING JEWELS. This creates such a lovely visual picture and aptly describes the flashing golden, orange, black and white jewels glinting in the rippling pond. Koi Fish are also a symbol of strength and power. In the Buddhist religion they represent courage. Humans 'swim' through the 'ocean of suffering' without fear, just like a fish swims through the water. (Quote from neverneutral.wordpress.com)

I have just made the connection between Koi Fish and letting go - letting go takes strength and courage and learning to get into your own flow just like the Koi swims effortlessly through the water.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I love koi fish... Like all fish really...

    ReplyDelete