Monday, May 4, 2009

Letting Go

May 4th 2009

I have just read a book by Melissa Nathan (who, tragically, died of cancer at the age of 37) and one of the lines in it has stuck with me: "Why are you so scared of letting go?". I have been turning this over in my mind for a few days and find myself thinking about the two sides of myself that are very different and conflicted. There is the conservative, controling, responsible side who is in control of things most of the time and then there is the side who is an irresponsible, fun-loving. free-spirited gypsy and rarely gets a look-in. Letting go would mean the gypsy being in control most of the time - what fun that would be!!!

2 comments:

  1. YES!!! That would be great fun indeed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two sides? ugh... I have two main sides but the more I look the more personalities are tucked away in there!

    ReplyDelete