Thursday, August 6, 2009



Unfortunately, the pictures don't do the sunset justice. The sun was bright red. Quite beautiful. I was trying out a new camera I might buy from my daughter, it has an 18X optical zoom.
It's midnight and I don't feel like going to bed. I was out all afternoon and stopped in to see a friend who is opening a store that she has relocated. I haven't seen her since last summer and we had a coffee and a really nice chat. She gave me some fabric samples for my crazy quilting, very kind of her. I went to Little India and bought some silk and lace, they have the most beautiful fabrics there.

I have almost finished making a bag I started a couple of years ago and then I will finish the bags I just started. It has take a while but the hot weather slowed me down. It is much nicer now, in the low twenties.

I think TV is a worse distraction for me than reading, I have it on all the time for company. I don't sit and watch it - except for So You Think You Can Dance - (I hope Brandon wins, I just love him) but I like it on for company in the evening. I usually read in the morning before I get up on the bus. I suppose I should try to get some inspiration from hot, crowded, smelly buses. I would love it if I could take pictures of some of the people on the bus but I don't think that would go down to well. There really are some interesting characters but you can't sit and stare either. Okay, okay I'm rationalizing and making excuses. *grin*

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pix. And Oh, the TV! It's my worst enemy! I turn it on as soon as I got home. It's only this year I learn to turn it off when I'm writing. My excuses for having it on are 1) like you, it keeps me company (I live on my own) 2) get some inspiration for stories ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous sunsets you have in your part of the world, i really miss watching sunsets and living near the beach. At every opportunity we go to the sea, the girls love it.
    I also find the tv very distracting, i like to watch it at night time, but that is also when i am by myself and have an opportunity to do some art,it can be hard after a long day to get motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leone. Back home now although not quite in the frame of mind to start back blogging. Holidays finish officially Sunday night!
    Have had a fairly relaxing time and we did get away for 5 days.
    I too had hoped Brandon would win - he will have a dancing career no doubt!. That is one of my fav. shows -one of the few I actually atch. I used to dance a lot - butnow I just dream.
    Beautiful photos. Hope the weather is improving.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again. Thanks for stopping by.
    We left Mtl. the day of the tornado - we almost went to Que. City but decided to head home instead. It was quite the storm we heard.
    I found 2 labyrinths in Kitchener - about 30 min. away.
    Glad you are doing well.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete