Tuesday, November 2, 2010

FORESTY THINGS

I love mushrooms and bought a book about a year ago so it will come in handy to paint lots of different mushrooms:
I painted these two pictures today, one to make up for missing yesterday. I was really busy yesterday and just didn't feel like painting when I got home. I went to bed early.
My DD came this morning for my training, I pulled something in my upper thigh yesterday and it is kind of sore tonight so I hope it feels better tomorrow so I can do my walking.
I'm still liking the watercolours, no clean-up to speak of and no mess while I'm doing it - that works really well for me.
I have been staying home a lot lately, I am really fed up with the traffic and noise and grumpy people. I live in a quiet oasis in the middle of the city so it is very nice to be at home. I'm feeling quite content these days, unlike my usual anxious, needing to go out and do something sort of energy. I don't know what brought about the change but it is good.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're cocooning getting ready for winter, which is a good thing. In the winter I'm glad my studio is in the basement and I don't have to look out and see the cold and snow - I'm most definitely not a winter person. Your watercolours are lovely, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your mushroom artwork. So delicate and elegant. The color also gives it a magical feel. Fantastic work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, these are lovely! I'm a huge mushroom and toadstool fan myself...xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these watercolours really suit you! You sure are painting some beautiful things....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...I love the mushrooms! Reminds me of a watercolor my cousin painted for my bedroom as a kid. It was the 70's after all. Funky purple mushrooms were normal! I wonder what ever happened to that painting....

    ReplyDelete