Friday, October 29, 2010

A DREARY AUTUMN DAY IN VANCOUVER WITH A BEAUTY ALL ITS' OWN




When I was out for my workout walk this morning I took a couple of pictures but it was a dreary Vancouver day so they are dark pictures. The autumn ones are quite pretty though.

Had a day at home apart from my workout this morning. I slept in and I feel much better today. I was beginning to feel a little exhausted from the workouts that aren't really that hard but much more than I have been doing for a long time. I get the weekend off so I am happy about that.

I finished a watercolour I started a few days ago, started a new one and did a little stitching on my next crazy quilt purse. What a great way to spend my day! Oh yes, I also did the crosswords in the two free papers - I do those every day!
The watercolours I am doing are exercises from a book called How to Draw and Paint Fairyland. It has step by step instructions which is a good way to learn. After I have done a few, I will branch out and do my own.

There is a BIG workshop going on right now and it sounds like fun. I love painting BIG, when I was going to art therapy I always wanted to do everything BIG. I will pass on this workshop though because it means using acrylics. There is such a sense of freedom in painting BIG.


FREEDOM - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORD!








3 comments:

  1. Freedom is a wonderful word. I like the idea of painting big. Someday I will have to try it.

    I hope you enjoy your weekend off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting is great! I've always loved dandelions (which is an entirely unpopular opinion amongst a great many gardeners).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the delicacy of your fairy land watercolor painting. It's of such "pro" quality, don't think you need more learning. ;)

    ReplyDelete