Saturday, February 5, 2011

I finished my February calendar:

It was lots of fun to do and I love using lots of colour. I have prepared the page for March and will work on it through the month so it is ready on time.

I started Imaginary Trip To Ireland and did my first painting. It is not too bad. I find I am very anxious about it because it is so new and it will be posted to a blog for comments and positive feedback from Laure. This is an old thing being very anxious about doing anything creative. I had the same problem when I was going to University and had to write essays. I could only write for about twenty minutes or so then I had to have a break. Wish I could get past this paralyzing feeling. Teri on Painted Daisies blog said today that "there are no art police waiting to arrest you". I am going to print that out and hang it up to remind me that nothing bad is going to happen if I mess up or if it isn't perfect. All this old stuff we carry around with us and even though we know it is old sometimes it is hard to shake it off.

Just checked out Painted Thoughts blog and her saying today is: "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new", Albert Einstein. And "A man's errors are his portals of discovery", James Joyce.

Lots of messages that I needed to hear today.


I am going to paint some more today.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on taking a class from Laure. I have taken two and learned SO much. Her suggestions are so very helpful, you can't help but learn.

    Years ago when I was trying to get up the nerve to sketch in public, someone told me, 'there are no art police waiting to rush in and arrest you for bad art'. I immediately went out and sketched and by golly I wasn't arrested and I've been out sketching ever since. I have never forgotten this advice and I am so happy you can use it. It was serendipity that you found it in time to put it to use.

    I was looking around your blog and your art is really wonderful. I love all of it. Keep going and have fun also. I hope you post your art from Ireland so I can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is important to separate the doing from the end result. Do it because you enjoy it, not because you want an end result (now I need to take this advice to!)

    ReplyDelete