Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Haven't had much luck with my Ipod so I think I will take it back. Too complicated and I like to keep my life simple.

One of my favourite feel-good movies is Shirley Valentine. It starts off with this song:

It was always "sit down Shirley Valentine"
"Go away Shirley Valentine"
Until Shirley Valentine just wasn't thre any more
A bird is born to fly
Born for the moment it takes to the sky
And all its' dreams
Are riding on its' wings
But if it falls its' dreams aren't broken
As long as the wind is fair
The sky is always there
Oh, the girl who used to me
She cannot play
She was free
And she wrote all the words
To her songs
Yes, the girl who used to be me
Used to go dancing
And I feel she's been gone too long
I'd like the chance to be
The girl who used to be me

The movie is about her finding herself. It's an English movie and is light-hearted and fun and yet has a really good message about learning to be yourself.

I am working a way on my purses and hope to have one finished soon. I miss blogging every day but it just seems to slip away from me. I have noticed that a lot of the blogs that I visit aren't posting much either and others that post almost every day.

A friend and neighbour just stopped by with a bouquet of daffodils for me for Easter. So thoughful!! I love daffodils and tulips and glads. They remind me of my Mom and Dad. My Dad was Dutch and sold and grew Dutch bulbs.

And one more favourtie poem:

The kiss of the sun for pardon
The song of the birds for mirth
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth

Dorothy Gurney (1858 - 1932)

4 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite plays, Shirley Valentine. It reaches out and touches your heart and funny bone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've seen this movie. Love the words to the song. I will have to look for this one.
    Can't wait to se your purses!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep an eye out for the movie - hope you are enjoying doing creative work in the presence of daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you got me intrigued of Shirley Valentine and wonder if I could find it at my local video store for viewing on my Easter break.

    I don't own an iPod either. Like you I'm big about keeping things simple. If it is not broken, no point to get a new one - does not apply to art supplies and books and accessories ...

    Looking forward to the new

    ReplyDelete