Friday, November 27, 2009

CHRISTMAS AT MY DAUGHTER'S 2008

Thanks for your comments HybridJ and Angie, you are still there. Funny how you have developed this connection with people you have never met and you miss them when they are not there. If I was as busy as most of you are with your families and work, I probably wouldn't notice it as much. I am not looking for sympathy or trying to get you to comment on my blog, I am just being honest about how blogging has effected my life. It's lovely to have creative friends all over the world - even if you have never met them.

Our letters back and forth with the Property Manager continue and we have reached the point where, rather than dealing with the problems we have, they are trying to silence us - 45 tenants out of 61. Interesting how that works - the abusers become the victims. The 45 tenants whose lives have been negatively impacted by 3 tenants are made out to be the bad ones. This has taken a lot of my time and energy because I was the one who organized the letter writing and continue to post responses and talking to some of the other tenants. I have other things I would like to be doing and need to find a better balance, but when I am involved in something like this, I tend to think about it too much and it keeps me distracted. I have continued to do some crazy quiting but I want to do so much more as I said in my last post. I can't believe that was on Monday, the week has gone by so quickly.

I am really going to make a concentrated effort to post everyday because I miss it.

Angie suggested I post how to make crazy quilts and I will try to do that in the next few days - with my limited knowledge. But I can tell you how to do the bags I make, copying the instructions I used from Haute Handbag and written by Pat Winter.

This is Christmas decorating weekend and I want to have a tree this year. I didn't have one last year and really missed it. I can't do a real one any more because whatever it is they spray them with burns my nose and throat. I've been looking for an artificial one but a lot of them are really tacking looking, made of some kind of paper. The nice ones are really expensive. I did see a Norwegian Pine the other day and may end up getting one of those. The are potted so can be kept, maybe surviving until next year.

I enjoy the lead up the Christmas almost more than Christmas itself. Listening to Christmas songs by Bing Crosby, Johnny Mathis, Nat King Cole, Doris Day (dating myself here) listening to Dylan Thomas's A Boy's Christmas In Wales, watching The Holiday, Scrooge (with Alistair Simm, of course), Miracle On 34th Street (with Natalie Wood, Maureen O'Hara and John Payne), reading Winter Solstice by Rosamund Pilcher - just finished reading it - and A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flag. These are my pre-Christmas rituals and the part of Christmas I enjoy most, apart from getting together with my girls, of course.

So, if you decorate early, Happy Decorating and enjoy all your pre-Christmas rituals
.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely tree! We got ours decorated last weekend but westill have housedecorating to do.
    Report cards are now done- just have the interviews to do next week.
    Glad to hear about the bags - that is a great idea. You could do a tutorial. The Dec. theme for Creative Every Day is Recycle!
    Take care - hope you find the tree you want.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you are being made out to be the bad ones. I do hope that there can e a positive resolution to this, or at the very least a quick one.

    Would love to see more of the process of making your bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay focused on the outcome you want--visualize it happening, talk to others with a positive, confident attitude (steering clear of the role of the victim--fear and anger), be steady in your mission and I have no doubt you will prevail! These kinds of things always get messy and ugly while you're in the middle of them, but a strong focus and wise actions will make a good path through it. It helps also, to let go of the outcome, to know we have choices around whatever happens.

    ReplyDelete