Sunday, December 26, 2010

BOXING DAY

Relaxing after a busy Christmas:

I had really nice Christmas day with my YDD. We had a very laid back day - opened our gifts to each other, ate snacks, went for a walk, had a meal of chicken, broccoli and cauliflower, watched Shrek and played a couple of games of scrabble. We chatted lots and generally relaxed and enjoyed each others company. My other DD and my GD phoned so my day was complete.

I woke up with my cold worse than ever yesterday which put a bit of a damper on things for me, I was dripping and sneezing and all those fun things - I am concerned about my DD catching it, so hope she will be okay. I feel much better today and went out to buy a new journal for my Book of Possibilities for 2011 and also found a really nice calendar for 2011. With my Birthday being on the 30th and New Years Eve on the 31st, it is an especially good time to set some intentions for the year and think about what I would like to focus on. I asked DJ Pettitt if I could use a couple of her photos in my 2011 journal and she very kindly sent me a couple of copies. Her handmade journals and photographs are amazing, you can visit her at
http://djpettitt.typepad.com/


I thought I would take you on a tour around my living space decorated for Christmas. First is my living, sleeping space:

Next is my studio not far to walk from my bed to my studio:

As you can see, it's very tiny and I have given up a lot of living space to have a decent sized studio.

Next is my Christmas forest scene with my watercolour, that I just had framed, in the background:

Butterflies, birds and boas were my theme for this year and I found it all very magical and have so enjoyed being in this little forest space over Christmas:


Jack Frost was a gift from my EDD several years ago and it is one of my favourite decorations:

Hope you enjoyed my little tour. It is a tiny space but is very cozy and has a great view!






No comments:

Post a Comment